Friday, October 7, 2011

My father, Miguel Izaguirre.

Today is my father's birthday.

I wondered what I could do to get through the day the quickest.

I have yet to figure something out. What I have discovered, however, is how much I wish I could do something, anything to celebrate with him. But I can't.

I probably never will again.

I only wish I had a place to mourn; to know if I should even mourn. I have faith but I am also practical. Regardless, I miss him immensely. I wanted to buy him flowers, but where would I leave them? Grieving is hard. Now knowing if I really should be grieving is difficult. Not knowing at all is even harder.

I actually do not know what age he would be now but what I do know is that on October 7th of many, many years ago the man who gave me life was born. I love you papi... te quiero mucho.

Happy Birthday Papi!!!

Hugs & Kisses.

1 comments:

Julie Renee said...

I'm so sorry that you aren't able to celebrate this day with joy, but rather with questions and mourning. My prayers and virtual hugs are with you, girly. xoxo

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!!!
I hope you are having a wonderful day :)
Be blessed!