Thursday, May 20, 2010

I am a D....

I am a D-E-L-T-A-Z-E-T-A...

It's been two years since I have graduated from university but I am still very much involved as a Delta Zeta. My collegiate experience as a DZ was extraordinary and quite eventful. I served on executive board for most of my time as a student and enjoyed every moment I devoted to my sorority. As a collegiate, I knew my area did not have an active alumnae chapter with more than two members so I hoped the alumanes before me could spice it up and join ;) My senior year I heard talk of graduating members wanting to rescuscitate the alumnae chapter and really make it work. Boy oh boy did we ever!

For the past few months my fellow sisters and myself have really sparked life back into the South Texas Alumnae Chapter of the Delta Zeta Sorority. I feel a little like the old collegiate days where I have an agenda jam-packed with events, many of the DZ related. The only difference, this time around, is the lack of needing to do coordinate events without interfering with study time. Ah, the plus of being an alumn... It's the best! Now we don't worry about making sure we can pay our dues. Instead, we pull out our checkbooks and ask "how much?" Okay, okay... so we're not that giving - yet. But we are willing to give and it has become much easier for us. We are also much more laid back and relaxed and are really putting what we learned about sisterhood into action.

I am a Delta Zeta for life ;) So with many plans we are trying to conjure up and execute, one of our last minute but greatly executed events we held was a Senior Meet and Greet. We booked a great antique house with a tea room and asked our girls to dress the part. It was F-U-N ;) Before you get to the pictures, I'd like to thank Rosie from Rosie's Just Between Friends Tea Room & Antiques for being so graciously accomodating. We can't wait to host our Fall meet and greet for the next graduating seniors there again. Now for the fun part...

Congratulations to the 2010 Spring Semester Seniors and to the ones who graciously attended our first ever Senior Meet and Greet with the alumnae... Thank you!

Have a happy Thursday!

1 comments:

Sandra said...

Your new blog design is cute! The header is very beautiful! That's such a cute idea about the tea party, sounds really great! Very beautiful pictures as always :)

p.s. The hats are adorable!!! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!!!
I hope you are having a wonderful day :)
Be blessed!