Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Raise Awareness! Fight Breast Cancer!

I am sure you know this, but just in case... October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. For the past few years, my mom and I have dedicated ourselves to promoting a few good organizations that promote breast cancer awareness. Thankfully, breast cancer has not stricken either of us or close family members but we don't feel like we need a reason other than we want to merely support a good cause. Every year, as October approaches, mom and I head to the local ribbon shoppe and purchase pink ribbon. We'll sit down one afternoon and make breast cancer awareness ribbons to pass out to our family and friends and anyone we come across with. It's a mere small gesture, but I think it does make a difference.

We enjoy participating in the annual South Padre Island Walk for Women (http://www.spiwalkforwomen.org/). We joined the walk six years ago with just my mom, a friend of mine and myself. Over the years we have amassed a large group of friends and we all head down to the island the first weekend in October to walk, for women. This year, my mom found a great fundraiser to participate in to help raise funds for local women. Knapp Medical Center (http://www.knappmed.org/) hosted Bras Ending Cancer.  Mom decided she wanted to design a bra, participate and raise some money. And she did :)

I merely helped her glue a pearl here and there but she designed the bra and made it herself. My mother is extremely talented. Actually, I think that may be an understatement. My mother is above talented, she is blessed. We attended the fashion show showcasing over 100 designs and they were all creatively unique. That one day, mom raised eighty five dollars fundraising for $1 votes. I'm very proud of her :)

Here's what the bra looked like...






Will you please take a moment and help mom raise more funds by using the following link to vote for her bra as your favorite design? Thank you, we apreciate it :)

VOTE!

Have a good night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!!!
I hope you are having a wonderful day :)
Be blessed!